Traditional braces are a powerful tool for straightening patient smiles, but recent innovations in orthodontic technology are starting to provide faster and more discreet results. One alternative to the traditional bracket brace design is the use of a series of progressive clear aligners designed to fit an individual patient’s mouth. The most popular system for this kind of treatment, Invisalign, has been steadily improving over the years, and now works for most patients seeking a mild to moderate adjustment. With clear advantages over traditional designs, it really empowers patients to make choices that work for them while building their best smiles.
- They are invisible to casual observers, making them the most discreet option for realignment on the market.
- Aligner trays are removable for comfort while eating and drinking, but also comfortable to leave in overnight.
- Designed individually to fit each patient’s goals and mouth, they sometimes work more quickly than braces for minor adjustments.
- Aligners have been shown time and again to be more comfortable than bracket braces, according to patient testimonials.
- Aligners are often a one-step treatment, as opposed to using both bracket braces and a support retainer afterwards.
As this system has become more and more popular, insurance coverage for it has improved. Where it was once only accessible to a few patients, today many if not most patients with robust dental coverage are able to get it to qualify under their plans.
Who Is a Candidate for Invisalign?
Most people who need mild or moderate alignment adjustments will qualify for this system, but there are going to be some exceptions. Certain kinds of alignment issues can not be corrected with Invisalign alone, even when they present in a mild form. The only way to know for sure if you are a candidate is to have a consultation with Dr. Morad about your particular case.
For more information about scheduling an appointment, contact us in San Carlos, CA. Our helpful staff is always ready to help get you an appointment!