Dr. Ghina Morad grew up in a family of physicians and became interested in science and medicine at an early age. She also had a passion for art and music, and soon discovered that dentistry was the perfect blend of science, medicine, and art. Dentistry, it seemed, was her destiny.
Dr. Morad graduated from the Boston University School of Dental Medicine as a DMD (Doctor of Dental Medicine). Her passion for dentistry shined early in her career as she graduated top of her class, receiving the award of a prestigious membership to OKU (Omicron Kappa Upsilon), the National Dental Honor Society.
After several years of dental practice on the east coast, Dr. Morad moved to the Bay Area. She worked as an associate at multiple practices while she taught restorative dentistry and anesthesia at the University of the Pacific’s Dugoni School of Dentistry.
In 2003, Dr. Morad opened her current practice in San Carlos in the heart of Silicon Valley. Her practice philosophy has always been to provide premiere care and cutting edge technology coupled with a quality of care and patient comfort that helps her to stand out. It is a perfect recipe for a wonderful dental experience!
Dr. Morad is committed to excellence in her field and has never stopped learning. She has completed numerous prestigious programs and internships during her career, including:
- Completed PAClive’s Ultimate Occlusion training
- Interned with world-renowned prosthodontist, Dr. Gordon Christensen
- Completed University of the Pacific’s CANVAS Aesthetic program
- Trained in Digital Smile Design, a program that allows patients to work directly with her to modify their smiles on a computer before any work is done
- Completed a 2.5 year residency in Progressive Orthodontics, learning to correct advanced bite problems
- Received a degree after 2 years of specialized skeletal orthodontics that allows for movement of the jawbones while avoiding major jaw surgery
- Dr. Morad is the only Dentist in Northern CA to be certified in the TMJ treatment method “DTR” using the advanced technology of T-scan and EMG. She received her one on one hands on training with the world renown and founder of the DTR treatment technology, Dr. Robert Kernstein. She has been treating patients with advanced TMJ problems, clenching and grinding, ear ringing, chronic headaches amongst many other symptoms from all over the States and providing them with relief after so many years of discomfort.
- Dr. Morad is a member of the prestigious “Bay Area Aesthetic Masters” that hosts world renown speakers and educate its members about the latest techniques and materials in dentistry.
All of her dedication to providing advanced treatment options and superior patient care have earned Dr. Morad national recognition. Not only was she nominated in 2009 for San Mateo County’s “Best of The Bay,” but in 2011, she was featured on the Dr. Oz show as part of “Top Doc America.”
Dr. Morad is working on a master’s degree in advanced orthodontics with a specialization in dentofacial orthodontics allowing her to not to just straighten teeth, but to work on the bones of the face and the jaws providing patients with the best facial harmony and bite possible.
As Dr. Morad progressed in her Orthodontic knowledge, she gained a better understanding of the effect of the bite on TMJ problems so she invested 2 years learning about TMJ problems and got certified in TMJ treatment using the “DTR” method by the guru and founder of this method Dr. Robert Kernstein.
Dr. Morad has loved working with her patients in San Carlos for more than fifteen years. For her, it has been amazing to have patients that became more like friends and to see young patients grow into wonderful adults (with great teeth!). She looks forward to many more years practicing in the bay area.
Dr. Morad lives in Redwood City with her husband and her two wonderful sons. She enjoys music, art, hiking, traveling, and exploring new cultures as well as taking advantage of the abundance of gourmet restaurants in the Bay Area.